These pretty place mats are perfect for adding a Moroccan feel to your summer BBQ, plus they're easy to wipe and hardy - so are great for outdoor dining. Choose from a range of colours and styles to create unique and funky styles that will make your garden parties pop!
What you need
To make one place mat :
- 4 tiles of your choice
- Hand saw
- MDF board - you can find this in Homebase
- Strong glue
- White spray paint - this can be found at Hobbycraft
What to do
- Lay the tiles on top of the MDF and draw around them to get the correct size of the place mat
- Cut the wood to size using the saw
- Sand lightly to remove any rough edges
- Spray paint the MDF white and leave to dry
- Spread a generous layer of glue onto the board, then lay the tiles down on top and push firmly
- Leave to dry with something heavy on top to ensure they stick
- Then enjoy your hardy and funky new place mats!