Soaking pine cones in bleach lends them a silvery grey driftwood sheen
WHAT YOU NEED
* A selection of pine cones * A bottle of bleach (50p from supermarkets)
* An old bucket or bowl
* Rubber gloves
* Bricks or stones
WHAT TO DO
1. Put the cones in the bowl or bucket.
2. Add two parts of water to one part bleach, covering the cones completely. Put the water in first, then the bleach.
3. The pine cones will float, so use bricks or stones to weigh them down.
4. Leave for 24 hours.
5. Remove, rinse and place on newspaper, and allow to dry for 2-3 days. The cones will open, revealing pale layers.
Subscribe HERE and see more makes every month in Modern Gardens!